North Yorkshire Safeguarding Children Partnership (NYSCP)
What is North Yorkshire Safeguarding Children Partnership (NYSCP)?
The purpose of NYSCP is to support and enable local organisations and agencies to work together in a system where:
- Children are safeguarded and their welfare promoted;
- Partner organisations and agencies collaborate, share and co-own the vision for how to achieve improved outcomes for vulnerable children;
- Organisations and agencies challenge appropriately and hold one another to account effectively;
- There is early identification and analysis of new safeguarding issues and emerging threats;
- Learning is promoted and embedded in a way that local services for children and families can become more reflective and implement changes to practice;
- Information is shared effectively to facilitate more accurate and timely decision making for children and families.
- In order to work together effectively, the safeguarding partners with other local organisations and agencies will develop processes that:
- Facilitate and drive action beyond usual institutional and agency constraints and boundaries;
- Ensure the effective protection of children is founded on practitioners developing lasting and trusting relationships with children and their families.
What is a relevant agency?
Relevant agencies are those organisations and agencies that NYSCP consider to safeguard and promote the welfare of local children. These include health organisations, education, early years, criminal justice, voluntary sector, local government, public services and wider youth engagement group. Strong effective multi-agency arrangements are ones that are responsive to local circumstances and engage the right people.
Who are the three Statutory partners?
The three statutory safeguarding partners are responsible for the Multi-Agency Safeguarding Arrangements in North Yorkshire they consist of Director of Children and Young People, North Yorkshire Council (NYC), the Chief Nurse of the North Yorkshire Clinical Commissioning Group’s (CCG) and the Assistant Chief Constable of North Yorkshire Police (NYP).
How does NYSCP operate?
NYSCP operates through a subgroup model made up of partners who develop policy, procedures and practice guidance for professionals and volunteers who work with children, young people and families in North Yorkshire. Work is undertaken through task and finish groups and shared far and wide across all organisations. NYSCP have an independent Scrutineer who is responsible for holding partners to account and to provide scrutiny of the arrangements developed by the three statutory partners.
What is the function of the NYSCP Business Unit?
The NYSCP Business team is there to support the NYSCP membership helping to coordinate and manage multi-agency working. The team is made up of a Partnership Manager, two Policy and Development Officers, Child Death Review Officer, Multi Agency Child Exploitation support officer and a Leadership Support Officer.