From Monday 28 November 2022, Harrogate and District NHS Foundation Trust (HDFT) will be providing an Oral Health Promotion Service across North Yorkshire and City of York. Public Health in both North Yorkshire County Council and City of York Council have commissioned the service which has two key priorities:
1. Working with targeted early years settings and special schools to set up evidence-based, supervised toothbrushing programmes.
2. Delivering oral health training to colleagues working in:
- Healthy child service/healthy child programmes
- Early years settings
- Early help teams and children’s social care (including care leaving, children looked after by the Authority, foster carers, and those supporting special educational needs or disabilities)
- Adult social care (including care homes, housing support services, learning disability teams, mental health teams)
- Health trainers (in York) and Living Well team (in North Yorkshire)
- Local Authority commissioned alcohol, drug and smoking cessation services
The Oral Health Promotion team will work with a range of health, educational and social care partners and communities to deliver evidence informed oral health improvement programmes that meet local needs and impact on health improvement and this includes you. We will be contacting you further with information and our training offer.
The Oral Health Promotion Team sits within Community and Children’s Directorate at HDFT. The wider team are commissioned to deliver oral health promotion throughout Hull, North Yorkshire, Sunderland and York.
For more information, The Oral Health Promotion service can be contacted on email@example.com