What is Child Abuse?
There are four types of child abuse. These are:
– name calling
– being threatened
– being made fun of or made to feel small
– seeing violence between people who care for you
– not having enough food to eat
– not having enough clothes that keep you warm
– having nowhere to stay
– being touched in a way that makes you feel uncomfortable
– being forced to have sex
– be made to look at sexual pictures or videos
Abuse can create all kinds of emotions, including feeling frightened, confused, alone, guilty, unloved and ashamed. If something is worrying you it is important to talk to somebody who you trust.
How can you spot the signs of abuse?
To help protect a friend from abuse look out for A B C …
- Changes to their Appearance
- Changes to their Behaviour
- Changes to their Communication
Learning these signs of abuse will help you keep a friend safe. If you think it, report it. Any information could be the missing piece of information that’s needed to keep them safe.
What to do if I’m worried and need help?
If you or somebody you know is experiencing abuse , click onto the do you need some help section to find out which services can help you or a friend.