Harmful Sexual Behaviours Information from the NSPCC
The NSPCC has reviewed and updated its information and resources to help professionals working with children and young people who have displayed problematic or harmful sexual behaviour, including peer-on-peer sexual abuse. Topics covered include:
- how to recognise what sexual behaviours are harmful,
- how to manage incidents of problematic or harmful sexual behaviour and support children involved, and
- how to ensure safeguarding policies and procedures include information about problematic and harmful sexual behaviour.
Visit the webpages: Harmful sexual behaviour
The NSPCC has also released the a three-part series of podcast episodes focusing on direct work with children and young people displaying harmful sexual behaviour. The first episode explores topics including:
- strategies and techniques to create a safe space in therapeutic sessions with children,
- how to provide clarity around confidentiality and safeguarding, and
- how and when to address harmful sexual behaviour in a session.
Listen to the podcast: Direct work with children displaying harmful sexual behaviour