It will be a year in November since the Youth Voice and Creative Engagement Service was created. The new team, now called NY Voice, focuses on the engagement and participation of children and young people across a range of activities, within Children and Young People’s Services and beyond.
They have produced their first quarterly bulletin, which provides an update of their work and achievements between April and June 2020. Some of the highlights included in the report are:
- A rapidly expanded Children in Care Council to support change and improvement within our Children and Families service.
- Work to embed the voice of young people with SEND into the new Locality Hub model and Strategic Decision Making.
- The formation of five new local youth councils.
- A new Young Inspectors group which have almost completed their inaugural inspection, of North Yorkshire’s Young Carer’s providers.
- The launch of new Social Media accounts.
- A new Mental Health Youth Voice Platform soon to be launched in partnership with colleagues in NYCC, Health, and Third Sector Organisations.